Although the title may suggest otherwisde, this is not your typical run of the mill get thousands of followers on Twitter article. It’s just a list of suggestions I came up with as a regular Twitter user, to get more followers in an honest way. And most important, followers that follow you because you are actually interesting. This as opposed to Twitter accounts that simply (and usually automatically) spam all day, or post useless onliners all day, for the pure purpose of maximizing the number of followers.Here’s my list of recommendations to get the best out of your Twitter experience, and to get followers who have the same interest as you do, or are simply interested in your tweets:
- Think beyond your timeline. The Twitter community is a large one. Sometimes by simply joining different #hashtags you get find new people with similar interest as you.
- Quality before quantity. You can publish tweets all day long, but as long as they are rather useless, people will not follow you usually.
- Don’t just be on Twitter, but join!. Joining discussions is, besides fun and interesting, also a nice way to meet new Tweeps, often resulting in new followers.
- Don’t ask for followers. This usually has a negative impact on your status, resulting Tweeps to ignore you more quickly.
- Retweet interesting tweets. Most tweeps will be thankful if you retweet them. Do mind that you do not retweet messages from private timelines, and only retweet interesting stuff. Else, it might also have a negative impact.
- Follow tweeps you find interesting. Lot’s of tweeps will follow you back. As long as you apply this to tweeps you find really interesting, this might help you build a list of followers that have similar interests as you.
Good luck and have fun on Twitter! (my Twitter account: marc3ls)